Holidays are about chilling and having fun. That’s why the Newham Youth Project and L&Q are running a series of short courses that are more laid-back and about fun and learning with other people. We run these courses during every holiday of the year – that’s half-term breaks as well as summer holidays.
- Bikeability: confidence boosters include learning to ride and maintain a bike
- Hairdressing like a pro, including shampooing, blow drying and styling.
- Beauty: manicures, facials, pedicures and/or waxing
- DIY like Tommy Walsh: speed fit plumbing, tiling or a creative personal project
- Go-karting: learn to maintain a go-kart and get to drive it on a track day
Before the holiday periods we run roadshows, where we publish our schedule of activities and give young people the opportunity to enrol for the courses of their choice.
We have over 250 places on offer for our holiday activites throughout the year. That sounds like a lot, but experience teaches us that our holiday programme is extremely popular. That is why we encourage young people to pre-book their places to ensure they get the options they want.